The 8th International Conference on Dietary Fibre 2022, organised by the Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Biochemistry of the KU Leuven (BE) and ICC, will be held in Leuven (BE) on 16-18 October 2022.
DF22 is entitled “Towards Unlocking the Full Potential of Fibre for Food, Function and Global Health” and aims at finding answers to challenging and topical questions, like:
- Is all undigested food DF?
- Which novel tools can help unravel DF structure-function relationships in silico and in vivo?
- What role can DF play in animal protein replacement strategies?
- Can DF-plant protein interactions be leveraged to improve functionality in food systems?
- Can food fermentation be used to enhance the functional and nutritional properties of DF?
- Do purified DF and DF in an intact plant matrix exert different functionalities and health benefits?
- Can DF properties be directed to optimise the composition of the gut microbiome?
The conference addresses scientists and representatives of the industry and academia from all over the world, bringing together experts of different areas of dietary fibre research, including food (bio)chemistry, (bio)physics, technology, processing, fermentation, quality and human and animal health.
The deadline for submitting abstracts has been extended and you can submit your abstracts for the DF22 until 21st of June 2022. We would be delighted if you take the opportunity to participate in the extension and make numerous contributions!
Benefit from the early bird registration!